Wednesday, May 21, 2014

AS WE BASK IN THE AUTUMN SUN


After  returning from the post office yesterday 
The stamping the 40 pieces of fabric that I had painted the previous day began.
It is a lovely lovely sense of abandonment to watch what happens as  a stamp is selected & imprint is final on the fabric.... 
to step back & look at what else is needed so things do not look too twee.
The batches I did yesterday are destined to go on sale at a workshop in Boronia (June's patchwork shop) via Max & Louise Pattern Company on 14th June 2014.

^^^^^^^^^***&*&***^^^^^^^^

In the following few days I want to make some time to explore more ideas for the 
workshop I will be doing in Melbourne on 16th August 2014
*^^^^^^***^^^^^^^^*
It takes one away from the angst of our budget and politics right now...
I love being able to kind of hunker down 
take myself off away from the concerns ...
We are lucky to have such things at our finger tips, ....
A needle & some coloured thread 
to stitch on some fabric..
Fabric somewhere to sew a quilt, 
just keep putting those pieces together...!!!
Paints & a brush & something in front of me to place the soft bristles of the brush onto a little bit of paint
 & 
let it slide over the medium be it wood or fabric or paper..
Listen to a bird 
as we bask in the autumn sun 
^^^****^^^
  

2 comments:

Nicole said...

... good basking, dear Barbara!
I'm playing with the French Ladies at the moment...
Nicole

theodora said...

Hi Nicole ! You have those lovely autumn days in France where the suns warms the soul ????
Happy playing with the French ladies ...please will you show me when they are finished
Barb xxxx