Saturday, March 1, 2014

AUTUMN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Barbara Smith Copyright

I was mucking about with collage thing......
The picture is a small one so it will blur if enlarged anymore....
You will see some of my latest wood painted objects 
A few little embroidery pieces... felt applique...Travels with Millie laid out ready to sew the samples into one place..a little quilt !
An angel with hair.... some of you may recall doing this in a class or a Gathering many years ago now..
The Day in Paris wearables are still I guess playing about in les rue of Paris...

You see today is dull & now only begun to rain & it is out Ist Day of AUTUMN...
It's a magic day..
I have been painting some order pieces & some stock for the Quilt Show in  Monbulk on 15th March 2013
which is for raising funds for the Monbulk Fire Brigade.

We had a day to honour the fire fighters yesterday buying red balloons & attaching to our letter boxes or fences....
Honour them we do....they kept so many of us safe ... 
I am disturbed with the coal mine belonging to electricity company in Morwell still burning & belching that black coal cloud over the town & pastures...
It is totally surreal...

This brings me to 2 articles I have seen in Canberra Times last few days one on a solar bank for areas...& the wind farms.... brings it home to us more now that this coal burning episode continues ..
How I wish it was solar & wind... guess that isn't costed yet LOL

No comments: