Saturday, December 14, 2013

Tapering


Ahhhhhhhh my year is nearly done...time to just about play...
after I sit down & paint an order 
then
Paint for my decorating....


People often imagine a designer & artist studio/ place is the picture of inspiration
How sadly disappointed they can be if they are ever allowed into my space for a look..
It never happens like that anymore..


But occasionally friends & new friends are invited over.... things are all around me because it is who I am & thus how I present for my own pleasure & world..


Some who are extremely neat people have a look of complete horror
the opposite is the ones who do not know where to look first..
A jar of braids excites them...


It is a work always in progress...


One day I may just toss up a different sort of trunk show....
It could only be for the dedicated creative spirits...LOL

copyright Barbara Smith 2013

And so... as I taper off my work 
&
my mind is roaming into spaces..
where to go first
Do Millie's Travels booklet...
It is together but I am not..
Do that other little stitchery booklet...
the majority of drawings are done too.
Draw some more wood stuff..
some were done last night before I wandered out to friends for nibblies & drinks
Then I recheck them this morning because I kind of have changed my tune on the format & design of some cats....
I want to sew some stockings & cats now too...but that involves a messy day...
I see the painted fabric collages & buttons 
& yes I want to get to that some more..
But that involves a different mind set of thought...
so tidy the other gear away first..
Nothing has gone any further 
& won't now 
as it is nearly lunch.
I should drive out to visit my brother...but a tomorrow springs in maybe Monday oh no I have appointments.
See soon Santa will land on my roof & I'll never be ready ...
Because now I have tapered off....
I have begun that bone idleness .
but No... I cannot I have my vision stuff to jot down... 
Designers are often very distracted & very different folk life is viewed from a different spot...
But it is exactly my space....
I love the way my life has been etched out just for me to play in..

2 comments:

Sue W said...

You may flit from one thing to another Barb.......but clearly it works for you and we are the winners when we get your gorgeous buttons to play with!
Merry Christmas!

theodora said...

Thanks Sue.... !!! What can I say I am flattered...
Merry Christmas too.
Barb xxx