Friday, December 27, 2013

Table Setting Christmas day

I used this as our table setting 
for Christmas Lunch
Each 1/4 of the tree had a different view.

Gone for another time !

Boxing day being on holidays & feeling like I had indulged in BAD stuff on christmas day..
I went for an early walk in the park..and again today.
Really lovely walking under the huge oak trees & pines....


Then I decided to go to the first session of the movie 
Philomena...
I did enjoy it... it is truth & can be raw on the emotions so take a tissue...
well 3 will be best..
It's about homes for pregnant young mothers.
I grew up in this era & knew of people who had children in homes & even in our ancestors this has happened.
It is excellent for social history...


 I arrived home very restless for some time...
Eventually settling to attend to my next batch of designs...
things that need to go from pencil to pen & think of sizing....
& then 
things just got out of control...
Some are Christmas....& with the French Rabbit....buzy body's itself in a few designs...
Including some for everyday...
Few buttons...one santa has made it to the selection I have already..
Some garden scenes... some cats & birds...& flowers
Any circles have thin frames
&
Many are earmarked for bigger things as well...
Then I await with baited breath for the cuts to arrive back once all work goes into normal mode.

Which I must say in some ways I welcome 
as I drift into a doze on the couch if I sit to read...or just watch TV....
I am so used to being occupied...
But it is also great not to be snatching time out....for a while.


2 comments:

Noela said...

Hope you have a wonderful break filled with designing lots of your gorgeous buttons. Hugs......

theodora said...

Thanks Noela, I hope your time is lovely also.
Guess it is hot & humid up north..well hot in south today with a 38 degree...
I think I'll just chill out again !
Barb xxx