Thursday, December 12, 2013

REFLECTING

Reflecting on what one has done during the year can be an odd mix...
Actually some of this is much older..the bird stamp on the box is about 8 years but still one of my favourites.


Speaking with one of my store customers yesterday ..
it is so good to be thinking with another at times..
listening to what they ask for ...
discuss what idle plans I have for idle moments
adding things to my mix of thoughts....
bit like adding salt & pepper to meal...
just enough & not too much.


I want to begin once again with renewed vigour...
I say that when I have done a long marathon painting session that lasts for months leading into the seasons..the shows..around the globe...
It is amazing how one does adjust..
the view broadens ...
even though I work in a space that is not so big...
the horizons are like the plains I drove across...
they seem to go forever.

Today in one  spot I am sparkling like the glitter I go to work on some of the painted decos.. yesterday...
I have so wanted to really mess with that for a long time...
There is the yearn to go back to the soft painted fabric stuff and play more in that
other things new designs for painting...
maybe a reflection of what I have now..retire a few... bring back one or a few from retirement...
It is such a Vision Board that maybe I need for just this design work
one for me & one in a bit more detail for the work...

I suppose many of you are frantically getting all the things for the Christmas celebration..
I get excited because the entire floors were vacuumed & I planted some herbs & lavender in the garden yesterday  & I wrote 3 cards & posted those ...a start I told myself
because I had at last, some time to do this..


Today I paint again...& post  & share a laugh with the posting people...
Then an appointment ... 
and 
I guess my day will be done...??


Enjoy the day....
Remember to smile at a person you pass by in the street...
don't shove & push..or speed in the car
Be in the moment...then you'll taste life much better..
I'm the one who slowly strolls the street.. as if I had all day stretched out beside me..
when that is not the case..
but 
I get to watch things as I stroll to where ever it is  I am going to..  

copyright Barbara Smith

2 comments:

Sue W said...

I do hope Debbie D leaves you some photos of how she works with your beautiful buttons Barb. I'm sure there will be lots of homes on the mid north coast with a little of your work shining bright over the Christmas holidays........Thanks to you both and Marg too :)
Time to relax a little perhaps.....Merry Christmas......

theodora said...

Hi Sue
I will wait with anticipation... and I am so pleased to hear that santa is at the beach for Christmas...my spirit will be there too !
It's been a lovely pleasure to paint..& I still am.!
Barb xxx