Saturday, November 2, 2013

reading from THEODORA'S BUTTON STORIES

www.theodoracleave.com   copyright B Smith do not copy thank you
 
A small peak...of what is on the www.theodoracleave.com in button stories
or
about to go on the web....
Some will be just bags of buttons to do the most simplest of layouts...
or
to swap about with the trees & buttons...
but
only some buttons fit or look nice..
I have done the trials.... 
So gather a button story from the web...
and the buttons that will go with this..
Take out your linen or linen mix fabric..calico...a mild print...( so you can see the stitching.. felt & dyed wool ...
make simple projects...
like gift bags, stockings, needleholders..adhere to mache boxes.. frame.
 
****
I have a frame I found last week at Daylesford for a really great price under $20
and it has a blue distressed frame.
I think the pear tree with the tweeny blue bird will fit perfectly into this frame
I want to try this sample in a linen style fabric...
I have pulled out a muddy brown with gorgeous weave ...
just the green shade of thread for the stem will be the challenge...
then
I also want to use some blue wool felt
I found when I visited Mrs Martin's Quilt shop recently
That will I think look  stunning with the tree & pears & tweeny blue bird..
 
****
The scissor tree...
I think a linen..
or
maybe the red I found at Lil Blokes yesterday from the French general range..
.plain & thicker cotton but soft...
Maybe do the tree story ..then take out those new found scallop scissor for a trim around
before placing it onto a bag...
A gift for sewing friend.?
 
&&&&&&&&
 
The stocking....
ummm what fabric ????
Oh maybe just the creamy white  linen/cotton mix
Add some red & green threads to the design...
sew on the bright buttons...
stitch up the stocking ..maybe use those scallop scissors & leave edges showing
Perhaps fossick in the huge jar of ric rac & ribbons...
to add to the top...
Then stitch...you could do this by hand in red thread & back stitch or running stitch..
or be quick & machine ..red cotton perhaps ?
These are simple & the layout for the stocking is in the packaging..
So make more !!!
Add different buttons...
Do a couple of mini scissors ..
&
a sewing machine..
 write an appropriate word..
****
there is one more new story on the web
that is a wreath
with the new robin button & the dinky star.
But I have run out of time....
maybe I will continue this later...in the next post
if it is not too boring for you all????
Barb xx
 

No comments: